Today you are visiting your counselors halfway through the period. First lets get a few things accomplished and then you can head out.
- Silent read and annotate to finish your Odyssey packets for 20 min. Make sure that your annotations are good.
- Following that you have 10 min. to discuss your thoughts and findings, as well as your favorite god, goddess, or monster (you may also choose an incident). Homework is to look up an article based on that reality: drug abuse, alcoholism, democracy, prejudice (especially of gender, race, religion, economic class).
- Work on your root list. You do not need your worksheets. I want you to concentrate on roots only and the words that you think of that help you remember them. On this next test 80 out of 100 are roots.
- Go sit by your counselors door and wait in line to see your counselor- even if you forgot your card. When you are finished come back to class and work on any work you have yet to complete or work on finding an article on your phone.
- Times to leave: P1 - 9:25, P3 - 11:25, P5 - 1:50.
- Homework: Find and annotate (printed out with annotations or notes and a work cited on your own paper) an article related to the issues Odysseus has to fight in the Odyssey. Bring it with you on Friday to work together on an essay in class.